Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy 4th of July USA!

Happy 4th of July!  







I ran across some photos of our older santas that really were the beginning of our Santas and Snowmen.  Way way back this is how our santas looked.
Most of these santas were sold at a gallery in Penisula Ohio called Among Friends.  We were so thrilled when Chris and CJ called us artists.  


These are old woodland santas and a couple of our very first snowmen who were sculpted on burned out light bulbs that our families collected and saved for us to use.  I think they're kinda cute and wish I still had a couple of the old snowmen.  Our new snowman are mostly made using recycled plastic bottles now so we still recycle to make our snowmen. 

Our gardening santas were extremely popular, these were ready for an order for the Wizard of Odds in Saddle River, NJ


As our work progressed our santas got more elaborate as well as taller.  





We made and sold almost all the santas.  I wish we had saved a few...my brother has a collection.  I have a couple and Marge has some as well.  I am glad we took so many photos of our work though to remind us just what all we have accomplished.  


These are bad mood bunnies.  Later we sculpted some classical looking rabbits.



Some of our first cats.  



No comments:

Post a Comment